Thursday, August 27, 2015

SUP...paddle-board adventure


Well, I can cross that off my bucket-list.  The day after my 54th, Sharon, my sister, and I SUP'ed across Okanagan Lake, around Rattlesnake Island and back to Peachland, about 5.5 km in around 1.5 hours.  We didn't break any records but we made it without breaking much of a sweat and grinning all the way...not bad for a couple of rookies!





Ready, set, go.  Me with my blowup XTERRA and Sharon with her solid VESL.  Ready and rareing to go at 10 am before the boats got out on the lake and the winds started to pick up.

           

The lake was like glass.  We couldn't have asked for a better day.  There was still a little smoke in the air from all the forrest fires but it cleared enough that we could at least see Rattlesnake Island across the lake.

      

Dad and Ken made a morning of it, fishing along side us.  Our technical support. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    Tobacco Machinery

    ReplyDelete